Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Hi, ate us?


I was curious about where the word "hiatus" came from, so I looked up the etymology online. It's a Latin word meaning a gap, or an interruption in events. This is a pretty accurate description of what I've been going through over the last several months - I've been on hiatus. I haven't blogged in quite a while and honestly, I haven't had much to say.

There are many reasons for this, the details of which I won't bore you with at the moment, but it's been a valuable time of reassessing a lot of things in my life - some good, some bad, some painful. Regardless, I think it's good for everyone to recognize the season of life they are in, whether it's in our businesses, our relationships, our finances, our purpose, etc, etc.

I've learned a lot of things over this process and I can look back at the not-so distant memory of 2010 and say with confidence that it was a significant year for me. It didn't always go how I'd planned but that seems to be the general nature of life anyway.

So, now with 2011 already underway, I don't feel it appropriate to do the normal rah-rah pep talk about making this your best year EVER! For some reason this year feels a little quieter. I don't know what to expect for 2011 but I expect good things, extraordinary things, and I hope you do as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment